The Importance of OSA Treatment
Untreated OSA can have a negative impact on your quality of life and may be associated with high blood pressure, heart attack, stroke, diabetes and other medical conditions.
Untreated OSA can also lead to decreased energy levels, lack of motivation and depression and can disrupt both your and your sleep partner’s ability to obtain restful sleep.
Studies have shown that treating OSA can reduce associated health risks (like depression and heart disease). Provent Sleep Apnea Therapy has been proven to:
- Decrease apneas (breathing pauses)
- Reduce daytime sleepiness
- Improve quality of sleep
- Reduce snoring
The Advantages of Provent Therapy
Provent Sleep Apnea Therapy is a disposable, nightly-use nasal device placed just inside the nostrils and held securely in place with hypoallergenic adhesive.
Provent Sleep Apnea Therapy uses a proprietary MicroValve design that creates pressure when you exhale to keep your airway open.
It’s small and disposable, making it discreet and very convenient.
If you’re looking for an alternative to CPAP, ask your doctor if Provent Sleep Apnea Therapy could help get you back on treatment.
- Easy to use
- FDA cleared
- Clinically proven
- Effective for mild, moderate and severe OSA
- Portable and ideal for travel
The 30-day Starter Kit is divided in to 3 phases
- Low Resistance Patches
- Medium Resistance Patches
- Standard Resistance Patches.
Studies have shown that Provent users who begin with the Starter Kit have an easier time getting used to Provent Therapy.
Are you worried about your partner’s health?
From loud snoring to gasping for air and abrupt awakening, symptoms of OSA can be unnerving. As hard as it is to see your partner struggling through the night, it’s perhaps even more difficult to consider the long-term health risks of untreated OSA, which can include high blood pressure, heart disease, depression and diabetes.
Fortunately, OSA can be treated. If your sleep partner suffers from this chronic condition, there are ways you can help him or her get back on the road to better health.
Get The Benefit of a Good Night’s Sleep
Discover more restful nights-and more energized days.
OSA-patient-sleep-partnersWhen your partner is treated with Provent Sleep Apnea Therapy, it can help you sleep better too. Clinical studies have also shown that 83% of patients experienced a snoring reduction with Provent Sleep Apnea Therapy1 reducing snoring to trace or none in most.2 Provent Sleep Apnea Therapy is clinically proven to improve sleep quality and daytime function and is FDA-cleared for the treatment of OSA.
You Can Help Your Partner Succeed
With Provent Sleep Apnea Therapy, you can rest assured that your partner is taking care of their obstructive sleep apnea, as well as helping you both get a peaceful night’s sleep.
Help yourself and your sleep partner by encouraging them to try Provent Sleep Apnea Therapy today. You can be an important part of your partner’s success by:
- Sharing the information on this website with your sleep partner
- Encouraging your sleep partner to talk to their doctor about Provent Sleep Apnea Therapy
- Asking your partner to try Provent Sleep Apnea Therapy
- Encouraging your partner to stick with Provent Sleep Apnea Therapy, even if it takes several days to get used to it
- Reading the instructions together so you have the same expectations.
Notes and Tips
- Provent is intended for use by people who can breathe through their nose.
Because of the way it functions, people who breathe through their mouth will not receive the benefits of the airway pressure generated by channeling the exhaled air though the valve.
If your mouth drops open during sleep consider using a Chinstrap. If you use decongestants continue to use them to maintain free airflow though the nose.
- When awake and wearing Provent, you are encouraged to breathe out through your mouth. You will begin to breathe through the device once you are asleep.
- If you are feeling uncomfortable during the night when using Provent, just take the Provent off and try again the next night.
- It is normal for the Provent adhesive ovals to overlap between the nostrils or nares.
- Excessive nasal hair should be trimmed prior to using Provent to ensure adequate airflow.
A mustache may prevent adequate seal around the nare and may require additional trimming.
- Oil on the surface may prevent the adhesive from sticking. Wipe around the nose with a few drops of witch hazel on a clean tissue or cloth and allow to dry before applying Provent.
- Provent is not intended to be used simultaneously with a CPAP. Provent may be used on some nights and CPAP therapy used other nights.
Do not use CPAP and Provent at the same time. Use Sleep Apnea therapy on a nightly basis to maintain the benefits of the treatment of Sleep Apnea.
- Some people who use Provent when traveling and CPAP when at home find the adjustment between the two natural. Other users find the adjustment period longer.
- If irritation in or around the nostrils occurs discontinue the use of Provent.
- Provent is not cleared for use in children. Provent is intended for use in adults over the age of 18.
- Clinical studies results for Provent show that 83% of people studied showed a reduction in snoring, and further,
that in persons with OSA who snore, 58% found that Provent virtually eliminated snoring. It is recommended that you discuss Provent with your physician to see if it is an option for you.
Provent is NOT recommended in the presence of any of the following conditions:
- Central Sleep Apnea (CSA) or a patient requiring the use of a BiPAP ST
- Severe breathing disorders including respiratory muscle weakness, bullous lung disease, bypassed upper airway, pneumothorax, pneumomediastinum, etc.
- Severe heart disease, including heart failure
- Pathologically low blood pressure
- An acute upper respiratory including nasal, sinus or middle ear inflammation or infection or perforation of the ear drum
- Deviated septum
- Those who require the use of supplemental oxygen
- Pregnant women
FITTING INSTRUCTION - Provent Sleep Apnea Therapy
- Apply Provent just before going to bed
- Begin with a clean, dry nose free of moisturizers or make up
- Always apply Provent using a mirror
- Using the tab, lift the device off the paper backing
- Draw down the upper lip to stretch the area between the nose and the upper lip as if shaving that area
- Align the mesh, non-adhesive, part of the device with the nostril using the plastic cone as a guide
- Point the tabs up, towards the inner eye
- After positioning, press down on the adhesive all the way around the device to ensure a seal
- The adhesive will overlap between the nostrils
- Breathe through your mouth, it will close once you are asleep
- Discard the one-time use Provent devices after sleep and not reuse the devices
- Provent changes the feel of exhalation and will take time to become accustomed to it.
If you are uncomfortable during the night, remove the Provent device and try again the next time.
The Phases of Provent are intended to be used consecutive nights through the adjustment period.